Costigan King Ranked in Legal500 and Chambers & partners 2023 Guide
We are pleased to announce that we have not only maintained our ranking in Legal500 for Commercial Litigation, but we have also been ranked in Band 3 for Gaming & Betting with our 'unrivalled' specialist expertise and ability to provide 'a bespoke service to clients'! Our Head of Construction Carl Asser has also been recognised again with his ranking in Chambers & Partners for Construction non-contentious.
Chambers is recognised as a highly respected ranking of the law firms and individual lawyers throughout the UK. Their rankings are the result of in-depth research and interviews, conducted by more than 70 independent consultants across a range of professional and client referees.
Legal500 is a globally recognised legal directory providing annual rankings of the teams who are providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel in various practice areas. Their research is based on feedback from client referees, submissions from law firms, interviews with leading lawyers, and a team of experienced researchers.
Gaming and Betting (Legal500)
With 'unrivalled' specialist expertise in the gaming and betting sector, our team advises industry clients on commercial transactions, regulatory and compliance issues, and intellectual property ownership matters.
Firm CEO and solicitor advocate Arianne King heads up the practice with significant experience establishing complex offshore company structures in major gambling jurisdictions and has recently been advising clients in the online gaming space on the growing interface with blockchain and cryptocurrency.
King is supported by Lynn McCaw, an independent business law consultant, and associate Nadia Armah.
Our work has covered matters such as:
- advising our client Playbook Engineering in relation to the white label contracts to ensure that the IP in the platform is protected, data protection, regulation and compliance, corporate governance and commercial contracts;
- advising Star Racing with corporate, commercial, regulatory and intellectual property advice to address all of its business needs and play a central role in respect of its relationship with the Gambling Commission; and
- advising Les Ambassadeurs, an elite casino based in Mayfair, in respect of a dispute with a former member of the casino.
Commercial Litigation (Legal500)
We are best known for construction disputes, but the team additionally assists with a range of commercial disputes, both nationally and internationally. George Menzies is a disputes specialist, while Julian Critchlow and Arianne King are 'highly experienced lawyers' and consultant Amanda Lee is 'excellent'.
Our work has covered matters such as:
- acting for the Estate of Michael Norcross in several contentious matters in the corporate sector;
- acting for former Love Islander Georgia Harrison in a defamation of character matter, which concerns a sex tape that was released without her consent; and
- acting for Juste Puharic, as claimant, against four defendants (including the Grosvenor Hotel), in relation to four cars (valued at £5.5m) that were allegedly misappropriated from the hotel.
Construction Non-Contentious (Chambers and Partners 2023 Guide)
Carl Asser assists clients with the drafting and negotiation of procurement, construction and professional appointment contracts for a range of projects. He frequently assists with transactions involving hospitality and residential properties, including development and refurbishment mandates.
His work has covered matters such as:
- advising Toyota (GB) plc in relation to construction related issues and documentation for the company’s operational needs or more general commercial matters;
- structuring all of the construction documentation for a development of Liddell Road Industrial Estate by Godfrey London and ensuring the satisfaction of the 3 funders and other stakeholders in the project; and
- advising in respect of the refurbishment of the Hyatt Churchill Hotel in London W1 including to draft, negotiate and conclude all required construction documentation relating to the hotel
A few kind words from our clients:
Our clients have reinforced that we are doing the right thing with our unique approach. Their feedback has been both insightful in providing clear goals to work towards by providing bespoke advice our clients can understand.
‘As a smaller firm, Costigan King is unrivalled in its legal knowledge, expertise and in putting their clients’ needs first. The firm stands apart from others with its magic circle standards whilst being competitively priced and making the client feel like a human being and not like an ATM.’ (Gaming & Betting)
‘We have instructed them for several years, for corporate, commercial, regulatory and intellectual property advice and they are essential in respect of our relationship with the Gambling Commission. I would not hesitate to recommend their services.’ (Gaming & Betting)
‘There is no one like Arianne King in the legal industry. She truly cares about her clients and can never do enough for them to get the results they want. Her direct approach and no-nonsense attitude makes her an asset to her firm and our business.’ (Gaming & Betting)
‘The firm is unique in that its lawyers are highly experienced, having practised at well-established City firms; and they provide a bespoke service to clients, particularly in the litigation sector.‘ (Commercial Litigation)
‘Innovative and personalised service.‘ (Commercial Litigation)
‘The team has diversified experience and is able to cover several different areas. The lawyers draw on each other’s experience to deliver a well-rounded service for their clients.‘ (Commercial Litigation)
To find out more about working with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org